Welcome to the PMI Project Risk Management Community of Practice
The Project Risk Management Community of Practice enhances the project risk management practice and its contributions to effective project management by developing a forum for networking, knowledge content and active practitioner engagement.
Projects often face unexpected events, which can be seen as either threats or opportunities. Threats can negatively alter the course of a project & the art of risk management, then, provides the means and tools to manage and reduce risk exposure.
Risk Management has long been identified as key to project success, and as such has been incorporated in the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), and has even developed further into both a standard in risk management for projects, and credentials for professionals.
The PMI Project Risk Management Community of Practice is the continuation of PMI's efforts to sustain sound risk management practices in the project management industry.
- Builds the capacity of project managers so they can contribute actively to the implementation and usage of sound risk management practices, and leverage them to improve project management effectiveness.
- Develops specific knowledge for both new and experienced project managers, so they can increase the impact of risk management on projects and programs.
- Disseminates the knowledge of risk management and promote risk management methods and tools through active networking, education, collaboration and communication.
- Promotes and actively fosters the exchange of current resources and information that pertain to practitioners.
- Shares PMI's best practices for project risk management activities.
Council Leader: Dave Maynard
What You're Missing: